文成纸艺 发表于 2012-9-11 20:31:01

Local Teen Teaches Origami to Worldwide Audience

本帖最后由 文成纸艺 于 2012-9-11 20:34 编辑

原文地址:http://thesandpaper.villagesoup.com/ae/story/local-teen-teaches-origami-to-worldwide-audience/883583
It’s pretty unusual that a young person has the confidence to teach a class at the Long Beach Island Foundation of the Arts and Sciences but this is actually the second year that 16-year-old Evan Zodl has taught beginning and advanced origami to a wide audience of children and adults.The teenager from Little Egg Harbor Township has made something of a name for himself in the art of paper folding. In June his original designs were on display at the Fashion Institute of Technology in New York City as part of the national competition “Origami by Children,” now traveling around the country. He also had his own booth in the adult convention Origami USA and taught a class on his “Logarithmic Spiral” design.When he was 12, he designed his own YouTube site, ezorigami@comcast.net, where he gives instructions on how to fold some of his original designs. Since 2008, it has received 5.9 million hits – enough to make him a YouTube partner, which allows him a royalty for the number of hits he receives. “It’s crazy. I had no idea there were so many people interested in origami,”

he said.igami when he was 10 and in the fifth grade. “It was a project that a friend and I did for our gifted and talented program in school. My friend taught me the basic things, like the crane, and from there I started to teach myself, and designing my own things.”   “He’s very good at math,” said his mother, Carolyn Zodl. “He goes to the MATES school, the high school that specializes in Marine Sciences and Technology – he’s more interested in the technology part of things. The origami helps him with spatial orientation.”During his class at the Foundation, Zodl patiently went around the room teaching a class that spanned the ages from 8-year-olds to seniors. Twins Eli and Zachari Singer said they had just arrived the day before from California, and though they wanted to be at the beach, they also wanted to be in the origami class. “Doing origami is one of my favorite things to do,” said Eli. “I bring it everywhere. It’s great, especially on trips.”“It’s fun,” said P.J. LoBello from Beach Haven. “There’s nothing like taking a square piece of paper and turning it into something like this,” he said of a 12-pointed star in front of him.Zodl then showed the class how to bend a shell design, starting with valley and mountain folds. Twenty minutes later, with Zodl’s help, everyone in class had a nautilus-type shell made from a single piece of paper.Many of the designs were made from a single piece of paper, or a single dollar bill – a crab made from a dollar was quite amazing. Zodl’s most complicated design is a box, called Fireworks, that can be manipulated – turned inside out to show a different color pattern. “That took 45 pieces of paper,” he said.Zodl will be a senior next year and he is adding to his college fund from his YouTube royalties. He is not sure yet what path he will take in college. “It will have something to do with science and math,” he said.— Pat Johnson

silent_123 发表于 2012-9-11 21:05:17

woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow,鸡肠,看不明白。。。

文成纸艺 发表于 2012-9-11 21:15:35

silent_123 发表于 2012-9-11 21:05 static/image/common/back.gif
woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow,鸡肠,看不明白。。。

谷歌翻译啊~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
我四级都没过呢~~~~~~~~~~~~~
O(∩_∩)O哈哈哈~

weible 发表于 2012-9-11 22:49:30

这个是要翻译的吗

weible 发表于 2012-9-11 22:54:35

手里拿的乍一看像是鞭炮似的